The school has been founded in 1972 and has been operating as a department of DELTA PROFESSIONAL SCHOOL and after 1990 as a department of BRITISH HELLENIC COLLEGE. Today it operates in Athens and also in other cities in Greece as a branch of the 4E EDUCATION AND TRAINING) educational company.
The name “Alexander the Great” has been given to commemorate the great spread of the Greek language, which followed the expedition of Alexander the Great up to India. Alexander the Great was the one to establish in Babylon the first organized school to teach Greek language and culture to non-Greeks, as stated by Plutarch.
Today we offer courses both face – to – face and ONLINE in:
- Modern Greek
- Modern Greek Compact Program
- Modern Greek Evening Program
- Modern Greek Extended Program
- Greek Language Crash Cource
- Bildungsurlaub – One week 30 hour program
- Bildungsurlaub – Two week 60 hour program
- Modern Greek 3-months Program
- Modern Greek Long Term 4-month Program (A1)
- Modern Greek Intensive Summer Cource Evening Program (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2)
- Modern Greek Long Term 6 Month Evening Program (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2)
- Ancient Greek
- Special programs
- Greek for specific purposes
- Other cultural programs
- Greek for children
Our educational programs include not only language lessons but also a lot other cultural activities to help students understand the greek way of life.
Among them are visits to museums, presentations about Greek Culture ( history, music, diet, language, celebrations etc.), participation in and projection of Greek movies, lessons of Greek dances, dinning out with teachers and students in the Greek way etc.
Since its first steps, the school has been involved in the development of educational material for the Greek language with books and educational software through the participation in many European Educational Programs in cooperation with European Universities and Schools.
Today these books are being published and distributed by ALPHA PUBLICATIONS.
Ten + 2 reasons to enroll in our school
- Our eagerness to be creative.
- Our experience (since 1972).
- Our small in number classes.
- The fact that we pay individual attention to our students.
- Our fully equipped, organised and modern environment.
- The variety of programmes offered.
- The innovative series of books and other educational material we offer free to our students.
- Our willingness to face up to the special needs of every student, by preparing special programmes.
- The fact that we offer knowledge about Greek history, music, culture and not just about the Greek language.
- The fact that we help our students live like Greeks.
- The fact that we like what we do – both teaching and hospitality.
- Our warm and honest smile as a result of the above.
- A LOT OF IMPORTANT CULTURAL EVENTS IN ATHENS IN SEPTEMBER 1 September 2023
- Proud of our students – Natalia the famous poet from Chile 27 July 2023
- Life at school: Tsiknopempti party at our school (throwback post) 21 July 2023
- Teaching Greek our way: An experiential lesson in a clothes store 21 July 2023
- Proud of our staff: our director speech about the Greek language 21 July 2023
- Out of class activities: eat like a Greek 27 June 2023
- Life at school – our youngest ever student & his nameday party 27 June 2023
- Proud of our students – a great coincidence – two of our students following classical studies (Steve and José) 27 June 2023