The Center of Greek Language & Culture “Alexander the Great” was founded in Athens in 1972. Today it has branches in Thessaloniki and Chania.
The name “Alexander the Great” has been given to commemorate the great spread of the Greek language, which followed the expedition of Alexander the Great up to India. Alexander the Great was the one to establish in Babylon the first organized school to teach Greek language and culture to non-Greeks, as stated by Plutarch.
Today we offer courses in:
1. Modern Greek
2. Ancient Greek
3. Summercamps in Athens
Our educational programs include visits to museum, dinning out with teachers and students, participation in presentations about Greek Culture and projection of Greek movies.
Since its first steps, the school has been involved in the development of educational material for the Greek language with books and educational software (multimedia cd) through the participation in many European Educational Programs.
The School has cooperated with the BRITISH – HELLENIC COLLEGE and with EURANEK as well as with ALPHA PUBLICATIONS in such projects.
Ten + 2 reasons to enroll in our school
- Our eagerness to be creative.
- Our experience (since 1972).
- Our small in number classes.
- The fact that we pay individual attention to our students.
- Our fully equipped, organised and modern environment.
- The variety of programmes offered.
- The innovative series of books and other educational material we offer free to our students.
- Our willingness to face up to the special needs of every student, by preparing special programmes.
- The fact that we offer knowledge about Greek history, music, culture and not just about the Greek language.
- The fact that we help our students live like Greeks.
- The fact that we like what we do – both teaching and hospitality.
- Our warm and honest smile as a result of the above.
- The return of Odysseus 2020 23 June 2020
- An update about the epidemic 23 June 2020
- DATES FOR THE OFFICIAL EXAMS 2 June 2020
- PRECAUTIONS DURING THE SUMMER 2020 29 May 2020
- June 1st -We start offering lessons again 29 May 2020
- 29th of May 1453 29 May 2020
- The pandemic slows down 25 May 2020
- Cafeterias and Restaurants open again 25 May 2020