The name “Alexander the Great” has been given to commemorate the great spread of the Greek language, which followed the expedition of Alexander the Great up to India. Alexander the Great was the one to establish in Babylon the first organized school to teach Greek language and culture to non-Greeks, as stated by Plutarch.
The School offers courses of:
The duration of the General Greek course is 4 hours per day.
Each course for every level (A1-C2) starts on the first Monday of each month! The typical minimum duration of which is 2 weeks, meaning 40 hours.
In our educational program include visits to museum, dinning out with teachers and students, participation in cultural presentation about Greek language and history and projection of a Greek movie and discussion.
Since its first steps, it has also been involved in the development of educational material for the Greek language, in a standard printed form as well as the new form of educational software (multimedia cd). Moreover, it participates in many European Educational Programs (“Trip to Greece”), (“I sing Greek”), (“You already know Greek”), (“From Ancient to Modern Greek”), (“Pos matome Griko” etc), with fellow Universities, Classical High Schools and other schools in Europe.
Our teachers are specialized in teaching Greek to foreigners, they speak many languages and have enthusiasm for their job!
Since 1995 the School cooperate with the BRITISH – HELLENIC COLLEGE and it cooperates with EURANEK in many European projects. It has branches in Athens, Thessaloniki, Mesologgi and Chania and also in Sofia and Philipoupolis (Plovdiv) in Bulgaria.
Ten + 2 reasons to enroll in our school
- Our eagerness to be creative.
- Our experience (since 1972).
- Our small in number classes.
- The fact that we pay individual attention to our students.
- Our fully equipped, organised and modern environment.
- The variety of programmes offered.
- The innovative series of books and other educational material we offer free to our students.
- Our willingness to face up to the special needs of every student, by preparing special programmes.
- The fact that we offer knowledge about Greek history, music, culture and not just about the Greek language.
- The fact that we help our students live like Greeks.
- The fact that we like what we do – both teaching and hospitality.
- Our warm and honest smile as a result of the above.