The Center of Greek Language & Culture “Alexander the Great” was founded in Athens in 1972. Today it has branches in Thessaloniki and Chania.
The name “Alexander the Great” has been given to commemorate the great spread of the Greek language, which followed the expedition of Alexander the Great up to India. Alexander the Great was the one to establish in Babylon the first organized school to teach Greek language and culture to non-Greeks, as stated by Plutarch.
Today we offer courses in:
1. Modern Greek
2. Ancient Greek
3. Summercamps in Athens
Our educational programs include visits to museum, dinning out with teachers and students, participation in presentations about Greek Culture and projection of Greek movies.
Since its first steps, the school has been involved in the development of educational material for the Greek language with books and educational software (multimedia cd) through the participation in many European Educational Programs.
The School has cooperated with the BRITISH – HELLENIC COLLEGE and with EURANEK as well as with ALPHA PUBLICATIONS in such projects.
Ten + 2 reasons to enroll in our school
- Our eagerness to be creative.
- Our experience (since 1972).
- Our small in number classes.
- The fact that we pay individual attention to our students.
- Our fully equipped, organised and modern environment.
- The variety of programmes offered.
- The innovative series of books and other educational material we offer free to our students.
- Our willingness to face up to the special needs of every student, by preparing special programmes.
- The fact that we offer knowledge about Greek history, music, culture and not just about the Greek language.
- The fact that we help our students live like Greeks.
- The fact that we like what we do – both teaching and hospitality.
- Our warm and honest smile as a result of the above.
- Presentation of the history of the Shadow Theater 3 January 2020
- New evening program in Thessaloniki 2 October 2019
- Words Travel – The word “museum” in 12 languages 26 September 2019
- In the museum of typography 24 September 2019
- A letter from Israel 19 September 2019
- Lavrentis Mahairitsas has died, age 63 18 September 2019
- Bull-leaping in Chania! 16 September 2019
- Ancient Greek courses this summer 13 September 2019