The Hellenic Language School “Alexander the Great” was founded in Athens in 1972, having as an initial aim to teach the Greek language to foreigners who wanted to study in DELTA College. In this respect, it is probably the first school for the teaching of Greek language to foreigners.
The name “Alexander the Great” has been given to commemorate the great spread of the Greek language, which followed the expedition of Alexander the Great until India. Alexander the Great was the one to establish in Babylon the first organized Greek school to teach Greek to non-Greeks.
The School offers courses of General Greek, Ancient Greek, Business Greek, Greek for Science, Seminars and Teacher Training. Since its first steps, it has also been involved in the development of educational material for the Greek language, in a standard printed form as well as the new form of educational software (multimedia cd).
Since 1995 the School is a department of the BRITISH – HELLENIC COLLEGE and it cooperates with EURANEK in many European projects. It has branches in Thessaloniki and Chania and also in Sofia and Philipoupolis (Plovdiv) in Bulgaria. Finally, the School cooperates with the Vouno Village Appts, in the island of Chios.
Ten reasons to enroll in our school
- Our eagerness to be creative.
- Our experience (since 1972).
- Our small in number classes.
- The fact that we pay individual attention to our students.
- Our fully equipped, organised and modern environment.
- The variety of programmes offered.
- Our willingness to face up to the special needs of every student, by preparing special programmes.
- The fact that we offer knowledge about Greek history, music, culture and not just about the Greek language.
- The fact that we like what we do – both teaching and hospitality.
- Our warm and honest smile as a result of the above.